[LOGIN-Chat] Problems on Laptop

David Collins david.8.collins at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 20:48:45 AEDT 2011

Rick,

Your description  of your problem is not very precise.  Does your laptop
have a hardware problem? - if so, no operating system is going to run
successfully - Linux, Windows, whatever.

If I have misunderstood, and your laptop is OK and there is no important
data on it, then I would download, burn and run the Gparted Live CD.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gparted/files/gparted-live-stable/

Then create a new PARTITION TABLE - this will destroy ALL your current
partitions.  Then create one big EXT4 partition.

After that use the Mint CD to install Mint.

Regards,
David