[Makerspace] Retired monitors.

Steven Morley s_morley at live.com.au
Thu Aug 24 16:12:49 AEST 2017

Hello, they are 24" LCD Samsung monitors that have been in service 5 years 24/7, some do have burn in. I don't think it is too bad or makes them unusable. I will be able to pick up any monitors that don't find a home. I have been able to get the stands from the new monitors, they will work with a small modification.

I plan to drop them off at the space ASAP. When is it open or someone available to receive them next?

I am hoping that the MakerSpace itself will take get first priority.

I also have a few monitors that I am told are likely to have a blown inverter transformer and or caps. I am told they probably could be fixed with a few cheap parts and a soldering iron.

Steve